Here in the last few hours of 2015 and looking with anticipation (and some fear) toward 2016, we would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year! We pray blessings and favor for 2016 and we rejoice and thank God for what He has done in our lives and seen us through in this past year:
- Our move to Winterville: we are thankful for the friends who helped and that it all went smoothly!
- Meeting new friends – always a blessing when one moves to a new area! Some of the ways that we met some of them was interesting also!
- Touching base with “old” friends – these are our extended family and continue to bring joy to our lives whether they be ones we see in person or only get to “see” on Facebook
- Leading us to Living Hope Church: we are blessed to be part of a vibrant and thriving community of worship and service.
- Continued and new work: Steve’s job has continued to provide and Kathy has been able to find work that satisfies – not only once but twice since we moved!
- Time to get away: we’ve been able to attend a couple of conferences and seminars, and even got to take a weekend away after Christmas.
- Time with family – we don’t get to do this quite as often as we would live but still we managed to get to visit some with family during reunions, vacations and holidays. Kathy’s mom was up our way twice this year and we spent more time with her than we have been able to in recent years. Steve’s family was all together on Christmas day.
We step into 2016 with prayerfulness for the unknown in our life: where exactly we are to be ministering, the US elections, which opportunities before us to choose, etc. In all of this – good, bad, known and unknown, we know that God is in control.
We pray that you can look back on 2015 with some smiles and that 2016 will be a year of blessing and favor for you and yours. Psalm 65 says that God crowns the year with goodness. May it be so in your lives. Seek Him this year and experience the richness of His love.
Happy New Year,
Steve & Kathy